If you are interested in improving your life, one of the first things you must do is work to perfect your energetic integrity. Your energetic integrity is regulated by your actions and thoughts; whether they are positive or negative makes a big difference.
One of the first steps to perfecting energetic integrity is to purify, detoxify, and cleanse your body and eventually your soul through nutrition, proper sleep, exercise, emotional release, and meditation.
If you are like me and are also working on this process, Hydro Water Therapy is a great boost for your system as you begin the purification process.
A great and affordable place to go (if you are in Toronto and happen to be a woman) is Body Blitz Spa. For $60 you enjoy 2 hours of literal bliss. The circuit takes you through a circuit of water therapies: Salt Water Bath, Eucalyptus Steam Room, Salt Water Cold Plunge, Infrared Sauna, and Green Tea Hot Tub which work to relax your body, stimulate your lymphatic system, and detoxify.
I highly recommend this type of treatment if you are interested a jump start to change!
Tonight I conducted a training session on the beach. As the coach, it was the first time I have ever conducted this type of work out (barefoot of course) and I must say, it was fantastic!
My feet and legs are literally still buzzing from sucking up so much of the earth’s energy. I do have a bit of sand up my nose but it is worth all of the positive energy banked.
Here’s what you do:
Get yourself to the beach or the lake – anyplace with sand that is not too hot or full of rocks, take your shoes off and start:
Do lunges, push-ups, squats, planks…
Skip, run, jog, sprint…
Play badminton, lacrosse, soccer, frisbee, volleyball…
It doesn’t matter what you do, so long as you’re moving around sucking up as much energy as you can through your legs!
Try it. Guaranteed, you will feel great.
I tried this meditation with the tips given by Deepak Chopra. I could feel strong buzzing in my hands and feet. It was cool!
- Sit in a comfortable position. If you’re in a chair, take off your shoes and place your feet flat on the ground with your palms on your knees and your spine aligned.
- Make sure you will not be disturbed
- Think of an intention. My intention was: “I am moving towards my true life’s purpose”, your intention can be anything from “I am creating good health” to “I am open to love and romance”
- Be ready to use the techniques discussed in yesterday’s video
- Then play this video on your computer with headphones on or through speakers loudly to drown out any competing sound:
I have no idea what bliss coded sound is but I tried it and it felt neat!
With our busy North American schedules, where we are doing many tasks at once, it becomes normal to be out of control of your mind. Your mind instead rules you and your body seems to move on autopilot. In fact some people actually disassociate from their bodies seeing their bodies as a separate entity all together.
An easy way to begin moving yourself into consciousness is to regularly check-in with yourself throughout the day and have mini-meditation sessions meant to work towards being inside of your body, without thought.
Try it now.
Take 30 seconds, right at your desk, or at the bus stop, or where ever you happen to be.
Just be where you are without thinking about it. Practice being aware and conscious without thought. When a thought pops into your mind, as it will due to constant habit, watch it float by.
Feel what it feels like to have no thoughts and continue to work on achieving this state by practicing this exercise many times through out the day.
Eventually, with practice, you will be able to simply be inside of yourself without the relentless steam of thoughts that keep you from consciousness.
*Why is this important? It is important to be conscious; to know how you are feeling, in order to be in control of your life and to make decisions that are closer in alignment with your unique purpose. If you are constantly moving unconsciously you are constantly moving away and outside of your self.*
This post seems so obvious after my last post about barefoot running, I know…
In any case, when you get the chance, take off your shoes, head to the nearest green space and walk, run, or just stand without your shoes on.
Notice your mood change, notice your energy elevate, notice your hands and feet buzzing!
I suggest that you try to do something that is difficult, something you know will challenge you physically – then notice how much easier it feels.
Learn more about ‘Grounding’ or ‘Earthing’ your energy here.
Be sure to come back and let me know how it went!
Pouring some black tea into your bath tub helps to clear and balance your energy fields! Not to mention it helps to remove dead skin and the scent can help to relax your senses.
Here is what to do:
- Choose a black tea with a fabulous scent. I like Stash’s Double Bergamot – the citrus scent is refreshing yet relaxing
- In a medium sized saucepan boil water with approximately 4-6 tea bags in it.
- Set up your bathroom for success: dim lights, clean / clear space, and anything else you may need so that you won’t have to get out of the bath once you’re are in it!
- Once everything is set up, pour your tea into the bath
- Upon entering the bath, try to clear your mind of thoughts; focusing only on your breathing and clearing / balancing your energy system. I find this works best for me when I go through each chakra one by one focusing on the vibrant color of each chakra behind closed eyes.
When you exit your bath you will not only notice a calm, relaxed affect but also soft exfoliated skin!
Did you know you can download music that will:
- Help you to become mentally focused
- Help you to sleep deeply
- Help you to relax
- Help you to enter into a meditative state
By using special tones called ‘binural beats’, musicians like Jefferey Thompson create soundscapes that assist you in relaxation, healing, meditation, focus, clarity, and deep sleep.
You can go to www.SoundsTrue.com to download from a large selection of music that will assist you in athletic achievement, better sleep, meditative practice, or relaxation.
I use the Alpha Relaxation System 2.0– designed for focus and clarity, when I am reading, riding the subway, treating clients, or meditating! But I am fix’in to download some new stuff!
If you feel like you want to start meditating but don’t know how to begin or where to begin, here’s a tip:
In the past couple of weeks I have found that beginning my day with a meditation is very helpful in balancing my energy output, setting intentions for the day, and tuning in intuitively so that I can focus on the right tasks.
Some days I can’t always sit in my meditation room and complete a lovely 30-minute meditation… so what to do? Meditate in the shower!
- Get in the shower and do all of your regular, daily tasks (wash hair, shave butt, brush teeth, etc.)
- Before you get out of the shower, take some time to meditate:
- Stand with the water pouring directly onto your crown chakra (that’s on the top of your head), palms facing up towards the sky.
- Begin taking deep breaths, imagining that the water itself is cosmic energy flowing into your crown chakra. Feel the difference in your energy as you assign this comparison.
- Continue breathing, completing full, uniform breaths (stomach expands on the inhale/ diaphragm depresses on the exhale) while stating an intention during the small pauses between each inhalation and exhalation.
*Your intention can be anything relating to your day so long as it is positively stated – avoid using any negative language: i.e. don’t / not / won’t / can’t / should / would.*
- When you feel your hands begin to buzz and you feel a calm relaxing feeling through out and around your body, express gratitude to the universe as you conclude your meditation.
Just remember: meditation is a way for you to reconnect with your higher-self / your soul / the divine. This cannot occur when your mind is continually churning. Using an intention is a way to keep your mind on track and keep you open to outside, positive forces.
If you’re in need of some hip, Earth Witch fashion that is made in Canada and has yet to be sold to a company that requires small children do the sewing, check out Titika on Queen East.
I went there today and they were having a really great sale – I’m talking comfy but very cute pants for $20 and less!
Get on your broom and GO!
*Programming Note: I prefer a Swiffer
Did you know that you can program your water with intention?
This is one of my favorite tricks. By using a gemstone and a little meditation, you can ‘drink your dreams’; thus reminding yourself of your intentions and increasing the probability of their fruition.
You can help heal disease or illness, keep a calm or enthusiastic mood, or even attract new opportunities.
- Take a Rose Quartz gemstone and place it in your right hand
- Sit in a comfortable position, in a place where you will not be disturbed
- Begin taking deep breaths as you would when you are meditating
- Concentrate on the stone in your hand and clear your mind of any random thoughts
- When you are relaxed and you’ve stopped thinking about EuroCup Soccer players from Spain, begin to program the stone
Some example intentions or programs I’ve used in the past:
I am inviting positive, enthusiastic energy to my day
I am opening myself up to loving and romantic experiences
I am inviting fun and laughter into my day
- After you’ve repeated your program a minimum of 3 times, take 3-5 long deep breaths, concentrating on the energy emitting from the stone
- Place the gemstone in your water bottle and drink all day!
Your stone will maintain its program until someone other than yourself touches it. If this happens you can intuitively clear the stone and reprogram it with a positive intention. Each sip of water will reminds you of your intention and you will vibrate at the frequency which will attract what you desire.